Monday, August 28, 2017

Blackberry Brambles

To blog or not to blog....such a question. On and off again. My life has changed quit a bit since I began blogging in 2006. That's 11 years ago! I've had different blogs over the years and I can't quite figure out my motivation totally. To make a dent in the world? To have an audience? To teach something? To motivate? To speak? I've never had the heart to delete this blog, one of my first. So here I am, now, middle aged, nearing empty nest, looking back on my life thus far, and I don't really know what I have to say anymore. So I guess I will start with a new beginning.

I'm Beth - Green Thumb Mama. My children are grown and I live in Western Oregon now, after living in Idaho for 25 years. I have a very small garden in a rented house that is overrun with blackberry brambles. I have 4 dogs and 1 cat and 3 hens. I have one child left in the nest at 16 1/2 who is already quite independent and needs very little from me other than food, a lift, and hugs. My 2 adult children live at home - one returned after living on his own for a while, to save money and the other is about to move out on her own for the first time. I am still married to the love of my life and we are learning how to be with one another independently from raising kids. I work part time as a 2nd line cook at a very small cafe and I love it.

I am learning how to be a parent without parenting. A wife separate from a mother. A participant in the working world, yet still juggling home life. A quest for who I am, now that who I was is coming to a close. :)

2 comments: