Saturday, December 9, 2017

Apple-palooza

Here in Oregon, there is a thing called Friends of Family Farmers. Every year they do a "Fill Your Pantry" event in Portland. This event is for small farms to sell their wares. Much of it is organic. Much of it is family owned and operated. All of it is local. Last year we were living in a condo and I had no place to put anything, should I buy anything. So this year I was really looking forward to this event as a way to stock up my freezer and pantry. I bought meats, grains, apples and onions.

This weekend was all about the apples. I bought a 25 lbs box of mixed apples. I made 5 quarts of applesauce and 5 quarts of apple pie filling. Using the last 3 quarts of applesauce I canned a couple years ago, I made apple butter and canned those in smaller jars.

Lots of apple-y goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment