Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Not so Merry Christmas

This holiday season has been a rough one for me. It started with my grandpa passing away after Thanksgiving. Then my daughter moving home because her roommate became violent. Then my grandma falling and breaking her hip. I have tried very hard to hold onto the holiday spirit, but when Christmas day finally arrived, I was not only homesick for Idaho friends and family, worried about my grandma, but incredibly sad. It was all I could do to keep my chin up, make Christmas magical for my sweet little family of 5, and push through the day. We were supposed to go have dessert with friends, but it rained and snowed, then froze solid. In Portland, no one knows how to drive in slick conditions and they don't have the resources to take care of the roads. It would have been a bad idea to trek out 45 minutes away just for a couple hours for dessert. So we stayed in. I think my children had a merry Christmas. I hope they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment