Friday, September 1, 2017

Home

I was driving home from work today. I have a 30 minute commute. It's beautiful. Lots of rolling hills, trees and farmland. I had a terrific day at work. I work in a cafe. I am 2nd line cook. I love it. I love who I work with (except one person). It's a good place to be. After a really good day today, as I was driving home, I realized how happy I am. We moved to Oregon, from Idaho, a year ago. It's been a year full of ups and downs. But we are finally at a place where we are happy. We love the house we are renting. We've met some really great people we call friends. I particularly love how green and wooded western Oregon is. I was overwhelmed with a real sense of "home". I wasn't sure I'd ever get there. But now I am...and I'm grateful.

2 comments:

  1. i'm so happy for you! i know how hard it's been but i knew it would work out for you somehow. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's nice to finally feel at home. :)

      Delete