Friday, September 15, 2017

I'm bringing crafty back...

This time of year, I settle in for a long winter with crafts. I am a felt crafter. I love to make things out of felt. The past 2 falls I've made table runners for the holidays. 2 years ago I made this one for Halloween:

Image may contain: table

Last year I made this one for Thanksgiving...

Image may contain: flower and food
This year, I making this one for The Holidays:

Silent Night Frosty Night Wool Applique Pattern

Now, generally, I look on Pinterest for ideas. I'm not entirely artistic or creative in coming up with my own ideas, but generally, I will find something I like and making something *similar*. I will either print out coloring book outlines for certain pattern pieces, or draw my own. The Halloween one is nearly identical to the one I found online:

Primitive Halloween Penny Rug~Jack~Ghost~Moon~Autumn or yo yos in these colors for kitchen table.... I absolutely LOVE this !!

This one was being sold on Ebay. The Thanksgiving one I made slightly different:

Primitive Leaves and Pumpkins Table Runner w/FS

I usually try to make them look similar, but as I don't have exact pattern pieces, they come out unique with my own flare to them. As with the winter holiday table runner, it will look similar, but will have my own touches. I bought sparkly, black felt so the night sky will look twinkly. I'm pretty sure my snowflakes will be completely different and honestly, I'm not sure how it's going to be cutting snowflakes out of felt. My tree will be different and I have an old shirt of my husband's for the snowman's hat fabric. :)

This table runner should keep me busy for a month or so, and then I'll switch to finishing my another project I've been working on for a couple years now: My Tardis with 12 Doctors! And now I'll have to make the 13th and SHE'S a woman! YAY!





1 comment: